Over the weekend Lil Penguin turned 6. We had a Star Wars themed party to celebrate.
Lil Penguin helped decorate the top of his cake. He wanted an epic battle to be going on and I think he wanted to make sure I did it right!
He had a wonderful party with his friends and got “awesome” presents, including the t-shirt that I made him. He declared it ” the best party ever” and I felt like I got the Good Housekeeping Seal of Approval.
I have so much to share with you today. I have had a lot of projects up in the air over the last few weeks. So, I’ll start with only the completed ones. First up is the Scrappy Mug Rug swap.
I created this pear themed mug rug for my first international partner. I did a lot of embroidery and I hand quilted around the pears. I turned out exactly liked I had envisioned and it was really hard to mail.
I received this mug rug from my partner.
I was thrilled that she made me a Union Jack. I guess having 3 different ones in my mosaic gave her enough of a hint!
For the RATZ Swap, our project was name tags. Ironically I wound up with the same partner I had for the mug rug swap. So I was able to mail them together and save on shipping!
I chose two of her favorite colors to create this patchwork name tag. It came together really quick and was fun to make.
Now, I’m off to work on the Scrappy Bits Swap.
So, I have been following the Zakka Along for weeks, but I haven’t actually sewn any of the projects! This week I decided to finally stitch one up.
I had a great time working on this project. The cookies were easy and fun to make. I was able to work on them at night while watching tv. I also had fun picking out the “sprinkles” from my stash of beads. I think they turned out good enough to eat.
The bag came together very quickly and I really love the sweet, little embroidered label. I’m linking it up to LR Stitched and maybe I’ll win the weekly prize!
The ornament kits are ready! These kits are super quick and easy to put together. They also make a great gift for all the crafty people in your life! To purchase, go here, and get them before they are gone.
I finally got to catch up on some projects this week. I even dug into my U.F.O basket!!! So here’s what I accomplished……
Lil Penguin’s winter scarf
From my U.F.O basket:
Lil Penguin was so thrilled to finally get his Thomas pillowcase. It was so easy to put together that I decided to make myself a couple new pillowcases with fabric from my stash.
Here’s a craft project that we made this week.
Lil Penguin and I created this picture frame using scraps from my bin. He picked out his favorite bits and we Mod Podged them to the frame.
Quilts for Kids cupcake quilt- I have almost completed the quilt top. I just have to do the outer border and then I’m ready to sandwich!
New Knitting Project
Since I finished the scarf, I decided to start on a new pattern. I haven’t knitted anything but scarves, so I decided to try something different. I found a cute pattern for a little bag. It’s so simple that I’m about halfway done with the knitting bit already!
On the back burner:
Orchard Path Pouch
Farmer’s Wife blocks
Americana BOM quilt
This week’s stats:
Completed projects – 5
New projects -5
Currently in progress -2
How has your week been going?
Even though we are sweating all across the country, I feel a bit cooler thinking about Christmas! I’ve been putting together kits to make your own 9 Patch quilt block ornament.
Here’s the modern one all sewn and ready to hang on a tree:
Here’s the traditional block:
I only have 6 of these, so I didn’t make an example.
Each kit contains the pieces to make one 9 patch, the backing fabric, the ribbon and directions. You just provide the batting! The fabric might vary on the modern kits, but the color scheme will be the same.
I hope to have these ready for sale by the end of the week!
I’ve been working away on my first collection of embroidery patterns for the fall. I have three samples stitched for you to see. I have 3 more in the works. Hopefully, they will be for sale starting August 1.
Now I just have to figure out how to make my patterns and instructions into a PDF. If anyone can offer some tips, please e-mail me.