Baking soda is for more than baking! Here’s some ways to use it around the house:
1. To clear your drain, pour 1/2 cup of baking soda followed by 1 cup of vinegar down the drain. Wait until the fizzing stops and the 2 cups of boiling hot water down the drain.
2. To absorb odors, sprinkle baking soda in the bottom of trash cans and diaper pails.
3. To remove tea stains from cups, sprinkle a teaspoon of baking soda into the cup and add a tablespoon of hot water. Scrub clean with a sponge.
4. To freshen your carpet, sprinkle it with baking soda and wait. After 15 minutes vacuum it up.
5. To keep your litter box odor free, sprinkle baking soda on top of the litter.